Let’s get PA projects funded!
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) created Fund Your Park, the first ever crowdfunding site designed specifically for local parks and recreation throughout the United States.
Parks & recreation providers from across the country have raised more than $400,000 for local parks projects all over the US – engaging loyal supporters and allowing donors to share their experience with others easily. However, Pennsylvania has yet to take advantage of this great funding opportunity and the GOOD campaign – in partnership with PRPS and NRPA – are looking to work with you to change that!
How You Benefit:
- It’s Free! Fund Your Park is free to members and each project keeps any funds that are raised through the crowdfunding site, even if you don’t reach your funding goal. The only thing deducted from your donations is NRPA’s administration fee of 5% in order to support the site and administration cost.
- Donations are tax deductible! All donations are processed by NRPA, a non-profit charitable organization and therefore the donations are tax deductible.
- Hands on Support! NRPA provides the crowdfunding platform, help with crafting messages, and training on how to run your campaign.
- Your agency/organization must be a member of NRPA.
- Your agency/organization must be a local, municipal or regional governmental agency (e.g., park and recreation department) or non-profit organization working in partnership with a park and recreation agency (e.g., park foundation) with full authority to implement the proposed project.
Need more information? Head over to NRPA’s website to read through their toolkit, examples of past projects and other extended information.
Upcoming Campaign Dates:
- Application Launch: April 10, 2017
- Applications Due: May 16, 2017
- Agencies Selected: May 30, 2017
- Campaigns Launch: July 25, 2017
- Campaigns End: August 24, 2017
Have questions? Be in touch with us by email at [email protected]